Horse Racing: Want to Bet on It?
Winning in horse races involves more than just betting the right horse at the right time, also known as pure luck. You need the right strategies and proper execution of these strategies. Knowing about these important strategies will make the difference between continuously losing that hard earned money and winning for a change. Below are some of the things you need to look out for so that you will not be sorry you put on that bet.
1. The horse. This is the first and foremost consideration you have to make before betting. Just by looking at the horses, you will be able to tell which one has the best chance of winning. The best option is to choose one that is not backed overly but has a fair chance of winning the race. The reason for this is that this it is usually the one that has the best value in the end. Although the horse that is backed more tend to win often, they do not normally have good value when it comes to bets.
2. The form. When checking out horses, look for the one that has winner written all over it. You can always tell this by the shape and form that the horse is projecting. Usually, these are the horses that have shown their capability to win on whatever type of race that they ran. Read about some horse racing news in magazines and newspapers. Oftentimes, you will read about a horse that has won two or more times in any race events. An additional plus is when the bets are started off at much higher prices.
3. The jockey. Not-so-experienced jockeys are effective if they are riding horses that are sure winners. These usually are the horses that are known to run and sprint faster than others. But then, even the fastest of horse will not be able to make it to first place once the route it is running is not the one it is accustomed to. In this case, the expert jockey is the one who will make all the difference. With proper knowledge of the course the race will take, he is able to manage the horse and work it to its full potential. Do not be fooled by the initial show of how fast the horse is. In the end, even the slower one can measure up to it because of the way it is being handled by its jockey.
4. The track. The horse racing track is another major consideration. This is why you should become an expert in analyzing the track and how the horses will run on them. Take note that a muddy racetrack will definitely not favor the horse that has taken an early lead. Sooner or later, the track will slow it down and will therefore be overtaken by the other horses behind it.
5. The record. The best horse to choose is the one that have just ran lately. Even if the horse is in very good form but has not ran for sometime, there is a possibility that it may not perform well during the race because it is not in the condition for it. Check out past horse racing records to choose which horse to bet on.
Hungry Horse Articles
Hungry Horse Books